Bio 301C Survey (No names)
Numbers on the vertical axis represent the proportion of the class responding with a particular answer.
1) Smoking increases lung cancer rates
2) Irradiated foods contain residual radiation that is a health risk
3) The earth is several billion years old
4) The AIDS virus was deliberately created by labs through genetic engineering
5) Drunk driving increases car accident rates
6) Extra-terrestrial aliens have landed on earth
7) Governments have concealed evidence that extra-terrestrial aliens have been here
8) Vaccinations reduce a person's risk of getting a disease (e.g., polio, flu)
9) Humans have been cloned
10) Your chance of winning a random lottery with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 is less than with 9,17, 22, 27, 39
11) Astrology predictions provide insight to your future.
12) Eye witness identification of someone committing a serious crime (e.g., rape) is³ 99% reliable.
13) DNA typing of a person committing a serious crime (e.g., rape) is³ 99% reliable.
14) The scientific review process ensures that most conclusions published in scientific journals are true.
15) There is a higher crime rate (and other types of bad behavior) during full moons.
16) The vast majority of plants found in nature are safe to eat.